Thanks to b13 at fotographica for passing along a blogging award to Three Woofs And A Woo. It looks like this:
Here are the “rules” of the award:
- Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make me think and/or make my day
- Acknowledge the post of the award giver
- Tell the award winners that they have won by commenting on their blogs with the news!
Okay! This is hard, as I receive a lot of blog links, but no one gives me a lot of extra time to read blogs! Sometimes I will sit down and read a bunch of them on a Sunday morning the way other people read the newspaper.
My top 5 of the moment would be:
- Just Another Dog Blog. Pia, Kate and Bella amuse me almost as much as me and my own dogs amuse me, and I find me fall-down-laughing hiliarious. But then, Pia and her dogs have been amusing me for some time before they got their own blog! Pia is a good photographer and her subjects are keen to make you laugh; it’s a winning combination.
- Nicaragua Redux: The Sarna Dog Chronicles. This is nepotism at its finest – Finn is my BFF and this is her blog, so of COURSE I’m going to plug her shit. However, she is also a skilled and dry artist of words and her life in Nicaragua is more interesting than yours. And the work she is doing is really important. So you should read it.
- Erin Vey Photography. Look at it for the gorgeous dog photos but spend some time exploring the stunningly beautiful portraits of women in her “Believe” project. I think making people believe they are beautiful is a skill that not all of us (read: me!) have. Recently my mother, my sister and my ex boyfriend all told me how much they hate the photos of them I took, so I’ve given up taking photos of people again, since it’s no fun to suck. I’ll leave people photography to artists like Erin.
- Alison. This is not really a blog, it’s just a beautiful and deeply moving project by Jack Radcliffe, spanning a number of years, that I’ve never had the opportunity to post about anywhere. Though it is static, I revisit it over and over again. It’s so beautiful it might make you cry. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- Stuff White People Like. I have this ex boyfriend, whom I no longer communicate with but miss quite a bit, and every time I read this blog I have an overwhelming urge to send an entry to him, because he’s the only person I know who I think would appreciate it as much as I do. Which is completely untrue, seeing as how a kajillion people read and appreciate it all the time. So I share it with all of you, and that way I can laugh about it with you guys instead of fighting the urge to send it to him (Hi Professor SmartyPants!) :)