It’s that time again!!
Here are 30 odd images of rescue dogs from the last 12-18 months that have come through TDBCR’s doors. We try to put out a calendar every year – some years we hold a submission and voting contest, but I didn’t get it together to do that this year. Instead, I have randomly selected photos of TDBCR dogs that *I* have taken (to avoid copyright issues), and you get to vote for your favourites through the month of September.
I realize this format is ugly, but it’s functional :)
Here are your choices:
And here are your rules:
- 1. Cast your votes in the comment section of this post. If you vote in the comments section of another random post, they won’t count!
- 2. You have up to 5 choices every time you vote – if you pick more than 5 photos, the overvotes won’t count. You can list your 5 choices by their file names and please do it in a format like 1.(name) 2. (name) etc.
- 3. Vote only once per day please! This is obviously on the honour system, but since you will have to manually type in your 5 selections each day, I’m thinking cheaters will get tired real fast :) Your 5 selections don’t have to be the same each day, but please don’t do it more than once a day is all I’m saying.
- 4. You can vote once a day, every day, through to the end of September. After that, I will close the comments on this post.
- 5. Tell your friends!
- 6. Don’t panic if you don’t see a photo you remember really liking – there will also be a 365puppy calendar and of course a 3WAAW calendar of all my favourites as well.
That’s it! This is totally old skool, but I thought it would be fun to get your input on what goes into the calendar. I tried to get a selection of head shots, action shots, candids and fancily processed photos, but remember I took somewhere in the vicinity of 80,000 photos last year, so flipping through them to grab a selection was laborious. And of course some of my dogs appear in there, but that’s because they are the dogs I see the most. :) As long as we end up with a nice cross section of some of the wonderful dogs adopted from TDBCR, I’m happy with whatever you decide. I leave it in your capable hands!!
PS – Piper thanks you for the well wishes. Her franken-ear is stitched up from stem to stern, inside and out, and she is wearing pantyhose on her head to keep the damaged ear immobile – if she shakes it too hard, she could develop a hematoma, so the ear has to be tucked flat to her head. She is angry about this turn of events, but I expect nothing less from my wee witch ;-)