Thank you, all of you, for your many well wishes. The universe listened, and my Piper dog is safely back home where she belongs, a little filthier than when she left (they gave her activated charcoal and she bit them many many times while they tried to administer it. That’s my girl!) but feeling fine. She’ll need to go back in a few days for a re-check of her blood, as they are still worried about rat poison being the culprit, but for now she’s back to her old, Mad Teeth™ self.
Thanks again all! I will update again when I have some time. Right now me and Pipesy Doodles are gonna have a shower!
YEAH! Thank dog. Too much bad news in my neck of the woods lately.
Good Pipers. No eating stuff outside allowed — except for other dogs.
A big WHEW. I’ve been obsessively checking this site all day and not getting a dang thing done at work, so this is a HUGE relief. SO glad to hear this about little Piper-kins. I know the good times that is charcoal – on my Westie who ingested a stray ibuprophen (sp?) pill. Scary stuff. So, so glad she is ok – and mad as a wet hen! She’s got some spunk, that one.
O thank goodness! Poor baby – I bet she’s a bit shaky still. Any idea what she ingested?
Janet Elliott says
Whew!! Thank goodness.
Rat poison??!! How long have you been in your house in the country? If you haven’t searched every cranny and crevice of it, a word to the wise — please please get down on your hands and knees and look everywhere! People put it in the most out of the way places and then forget about it. :( I cleaned out the upstairs bedroom of my mother’s house when she became very old and ill and needed in-home care. And I found rat poison (!!!) under dressers and headboards. My mother had totally forgotten it was there (along with a lot of other things…). I was horrified and thankful I’d found it before a dog did. Even very, very old rat poison is deadly.
Wowza, that had to be a heart-stopping event for you — and not so much fun for Piper either! Glad she’s home. Hope no ill effects AT ALL show up later on.
Wishing you both a speedy recovery (as I’m sure your nerves are shot to hell). Hope all goes well with the blood tests.
Give Piper a huge hug from both of us. We hope to see some Mad Teeth soon!
PS I think a turkey neck for Piper and a stiff Crown Royal for you, may be in order.
I am so relieved to hear that Piper is home where she belongs!!! I hope her bloodwork in a few days comes back normal and there are no lasting effects from her ordeal!
Susan Bassett says
just the news I was hoping to read!!! Whew!!! Give her a big hug for me!!!!
Holy crap, I missed the update that she was sick! I’ll send our good wishes her way, I sure hope she’s on the mend now! You have had too much going on lately, seems like this is just one more thing on the pile of suck the universe has been throwing at you :(
Maria Shanley says
What a relief! Mike and I hope all stays well for her and the boys. Give her a big hug for us!
Cherrie J says
So glad to hear she’s home and feeling better! I know it must have been an exhausting day for both of you. Fingers crossed things continue to be well for y’all. :)
Ahhh, nice to read the good news!
Carol Carson says
I am so, so happy to hear that!
I am so glad to read she is doing better. Best wishes to you and all your gang.
Whew! Continued prayers, though for a clean bill of health after the next blood work.
What else is there to say but – YAY! And find that rat poison!
Whoohoo!! Im sooooo happy for you!! Diana
Pam and Bobo and Meja says
Oh Thank You Jebus!!! Rat poisoning???
Oh man. Thank goodness!! I’m really glad to hear that, FL~!
Oh my God! I just saw your previous post and I was checking to see whether there were more news. Thank God she is OK. :)
It’s a good sign she’s back again to her Mad Teeth again but men you are seriously unlucky. It was good you took a break, but the idea was for you to get some rest not happen something like this.
Give Pipper a huge hug and lots of cuddles and find that poison or talk with the neighbours about who might have put something like in an obvious and dog accessible place. Mice fit everywhere they don’t need that stuff to be in the open. I know it’s Spring and quite likely people are starting with this a preventive measure, but they need to think that if a dog can get, a child can get it. It’s a serious issue, they should be more careful.
Best wishes and lots of hugs for Pipper :D
Jean B says
That’s great news, Sheena! I expect you know this, but dogs can also be poisoned by consuming the rats that ingested the poison – so check if your neighbours are using any, as rats survive (and travel) for a couple of days after eating the rat bait.
Yes, yes, YES! I’m so relieved I could cry. Soooo glad the Piper-girlie is ok! Sooo glad you came home and caught it in time!
What wonderful news. I missed your earlier post (probably good for me at least–I lost a dog once to rat poison when I was young) and am so relieved Piper is OK. I know you’ll be keeping a close eye her!
That’s a relief! Glad to know Piper is okay. :)
Janice in GA says
I’ve been worried about Piper all day. But so far, so good!!!
Oh thank doG she’s ok!!! Any idea how she got rat poison? I know you wouldn’t carelessly leave it lying around.
Yay!! Just the news we were all waiting for. I’m glad she’s home where she belongs.
Rebecca C says
Thank goodness! I know poisoning is a scary, SCARY thing to witness. Our elderly cat got into some flea medicine a few years ago and it scared the poo out of me. :(
Continued get well thoughts for Piper!
Weasel Puppy says
Oh, Wow! I am glad she is okay.
I am so relieved! The combination of your words and photos has made me feel like I KNOW your dogs and I don’t mind telling you, I’m mighty fond of them! I hope Piper makes a full recovery. Pets and hugs!
All it takes is ingesting a mouse that ate poison and the dog who ate it is sick. You’d think someone could come up with a better way to de-mouse.
Philip's Mom says
Yay, that’s great news, go Piper!
Sam's mum says
WOOHOOOO!! such good news!
I was SO happy to read this.
Liz and Charlie says
So glad she is ok!!!!! My Madison was poisoned last year and spent a week touch and go…awful! Geeze what happened to your “break”???!? Keeping you in our prayers for those blood tests!
Thank doG! Miss Piper is as resilient as we all expected. Glad to hear that you’re home safe and sound, FL, with all your hounds around you.
I just saw this and my heart stopped as I read the last two entries. YAY for Miss Piper being back to her teethy self! Will keep her in my thoughts till she’s out of the woods. Hugs to you and your pack, Food Lady!
Whew! I am so happy to read of this good news!
Aislinn, Glenn, Coop and Joon says
We’ve all been wigging out with worry. So glad it worked out okay. Came home once when we had Fiddler and he was staggery reeling too, went to emerg, got the charcoal etc, and though he was fine in the end it was one of the worst days ever. He got over it pretty fast.
He didn’t bite the hand bearing the charcoal though. Way to ‘TM’ the vets, Piper!
Great news! Glad Miss Piper is ok. :-)
THANK DOG she’s okay!!!! BIG HUGS to you and Piper!!!
Very happy to hear this. Not get all the dogs, lock them all in one room with yourself, some food and water and stay there for a while safely!
Oh, I am so glad Piper girl is home. Continued good vibes for the blood test!
Soooo so happy for you all! Hugs all around.